This fruit juice has amazing health benefits…
Have you ever eaten a pomegranate? They are the fruit with the little red seeds in them.
Well, it turns out that pomegranate juice has some pretty powerful health benefits. Some research was done a few years a go and I want to share with you some of the findings because they are pretty interesting.
Check out the benefits discovered in the research study:
- After one year of pomegranate juice consumption (3 ounces per day), systolic blood pressure decreased by 21%.
- After one year of consumption, the antioxidant health status increased by 130%.
- Oxidative stress is a major contributor to cardiovascular disease. Consumption of pomegranate juice lowed the oxidative stress levels in the blood.
- A significant decrease in the LDL cholesterol levels after 6 months of consumption.
- Was shown to decrease atherosclerosis in the carotid arteries.
So let’s recap the benefits really quick. By consuming only 3 ounces of pomegranate juice daily, over time there is a good chance you would obtain the following health benefits:
- Lower blood pressure
- Increased antioxidant health status
- Decreases carotid artery atherosclerosis
- Lower oxidative stress levels
- Lower LDL levels
Those are some good benefits, so I’d recommend you consider adding this juice to your diet. You can buy pomegranate juice in your local grocery store. I think the main brand is “POM.”
To your health!
Dr. Dan Greenlee
Source: Clinical Nutrition, June 2004, 23, 423-433