If you have young children or grandchildren, then you’ll want to read this article.
Many patients new to chiropractic care don’t realize that infants, toddlers, pre-teens, and teens get chiropractic care. They often ask, “Why would kids get chiropractic care? Thy don’t have back pain.”
The answer is simple. Chiropractic is so much more than back and neck pain relief. Chiropractic adjustments make the body work better. They boost the immune system. They reduce stress on the physical body. They do all sorts of amazing and beneficial things to keep you healthy.
There is no age limit to receiving the awesome health benefits of chiropractic care. In our office we see patients from birth to death. Chiropractic care can make a difference at any age.
Now, what about this question: “Are kids who receive chiropractic care healthier than kids who don’t receive chiropractic care?”
What do you think?
A research study was done several years ago to figure this out. Here’s what they found:
- There is a “definite” correlation between chiropractic care and better health.
- 69% of the chiropractic children (kids who receive chiropractic care) have never had an ear infection, while only 20% of the children who only receive medical care have never had an ear infection.
- Medical treatment is disease treatment. Chiropractic healthcare is primarily preventative.
- 95% of chiropractors considered that chiropractic had a positive effect on their children’s health.
- The study has shown that children raised with getting chiropractic care are less prone to infectious processes such as ear infections and tonsillitis and their immune systems are better able to cope with allergens like pollen, weeds, grasses, etc. compared to children who do not receive chiropractic care.
- Chiropractors responded that the “recovery time from any trauma or illness by their children was more rapid than that of their children’s peers.”
- The study has shown that there is validity in the premise that chiropractic has a positive effect on the health status of individuals.”
- The results of the study confirm the benefits of the chiropractic model of health care on the health status of children.
So there you have it! Chiropractic works great with kids.
If you would like your children or grandchildren to start receiving the benefits of chiropractic care, I’d like to help you get them started.
For the next two weeks, when you schedule your children an appointment, I will do the examination(s) and first visit for free. This will help you get them started.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to email me or call.
To your health!
Dr. Dan Greenlee
Source: The American Chiropractor, November 2008